U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Gladwin, MI
A 18-year-old female asked:

I think i pulled the muscles in& under my arm,across the side of my chest & my shoulder.any movement or lifting hurts terribly. should i go to the er?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Atul Singh
Nephrology and Dialysis 30 years experience
Pain: The area of pain is not typical for a single muscle. Ice the area and seek care. How did you get this injury ? Based on that and pain, yes ER may be needed. This sounds more than a pure muscle issue. So agree seek care and in the meanwhile place a Ice pack.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 14, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.