U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old male asked:

Can allergic rhinitis be the cause for my sunken eyes? what can i do to get rid of them?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Duane Gels
Allergy and Immunology 39 years experience
Allergic shiners: Allergic shiners are what they call the dark circles under the eyes associated with allergies to pollen, dust, mold, animals, etc. It is thought to be backed up blood vessels from clogged nostrils. Treating your congested nose will help: nasal saline, pseudoephedrine, intranasal steroid (fluticasone) should help the allergies and hopefully the shiners!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 4, 2015
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.