NY

i bought 3, 4 books on breastfeeding and how to produce more milk with nutrition and drinking water + milk. i hope to b/f for2+ yrs, does diet help?

Dr. Cassandra Hornbuckle
Kind of...: The absolute best way to make milk is to breastfeed exclusively! As a doctor AND a mom, I can tell you that breastfeeding is supply and demand. Some days you will feel like you breastfeed nonstop, then others it will be sporadic. Lots of fluids will help keep you hydrated to allow your body to keep producing, so water is a must! Drinking milk will not help you make more milk, breastfeeding will!