MO

Hi...just had a blood clot pop out in my urine...is this something i need to treat immediately or just schedule a regular visit to my doctor? thanks

Dr. Louise Andrew
Not an emergency: Just schedule a regular visit, but meanwhile if you have a strainer, go through it each time you urinate and if it happens again you can put it in a jar, keep in fridge, and take it with you to the doc. If you start having pain in back or groin, though, it could be a kidney stone and then you may need emergency treatment for the pain. Good luck!

Last updated Mar 1, 2018