U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old male asked:

Hi...just had a blood clot pop out in my urine...is this something i need to treat immediately or just schedule a regular visit to my doctor? thanks

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Louise Andrew
A Verified Doctoranswered
Emergency Medicine 47 years experience
Not an emergency: Just schedule a regular visit, but meanwhile if you have a strainer, go through it each time you urinate and if it happens again you can put it in a jar, keep in fridge, and take it with you to the doc. If you start having pain in back or groin, though, it could be a kidney stone and then you may need emergency treatment for the pain. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 1, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.