Houston, TX

My lacrimal punctum is hurting. it itches and it feels a bit sore. underneath the inner corner of my eye i see redness. what could it be? is it a stye

Dr. Neil Notaroberto
Ophthalmology 30 years experience
Itching can be a: symptom of an allergic response or inflammation. The associated swelling of the delicate tissue could contribute to the discomfort as well. A chalazion (stye) would present itself on the lid margin or eyelid itself. You may want to consider an OTC allergy drop and if not better in 24 hours see your Ophthalmologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 26, 2019