Sterling Heights, MI

i've had 10 bilateral ect treatments over a year ago. would smoking or eating cannabis products be dangerous now that i've had "shocks" to my brain?

Dr. Rick Barnett
Clinical Psychology 18 years experience
Debatable: Great question that is hotly debated. Is cannabis (THC/CBD) medicinal for all kinds of conditions or does it exacerbate underlying mental health or nervous system conditions? Some may believe weed (regardless of how it's ingested) may improve depression post-ECT treatment. Some believe adding this substance to brain function/chemical transmissions could make depression worse and render ECT useless
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 33 years experience
Doesn't matter: The ECT treatments you had will not have any adverse effects on your use of cannabis although I can think of all sorts of reasons not to use it....unless it's under medical direction and supervision.