Dale, IN

After successful double mastectomy with no lymph node involvement what are my chances of breast cancer coming back in my brain, liver, lungs or ?

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgical Oncology 65 years experience
Slight chance: Recurrence of breast cancer is dependent on the nature of the lesion resected in terms of size and hormone receptors. If the lesion was under 1 cm. and hormone receptor positive, with negative nodes after mastectomy cure rate should be in the 90%. Also when over the age of 60, results are better than if the condition were the same in a premenopausal 30 year old.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 15, 2015