I think my wisdom is coming in and the gums around the secomd molar on the bottom right are very swollen and painful. no skin has broken, what is it?

9 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Perry Opin answered

Specializes in

There are many reasons your gums around your second molars may be swollen. I am sure that your dentist can properly evaluate your condition, and treat this problem properly.

Answered Jun 28, 2015

2.7k views

Dr. Kayvon Javid answered

Specializes in Dentistry

You guessed right. It is inflammation due to pressure from your wisdom teeth on your gums. You should see a dentist or an oral surgeon for an evaluation.

Answered Mar 25, 2016

2.7k views

Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

You might be right. See your dentist to determine if that is the cause.

Answered Jun 28, 2015

2.7k views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Could be wisdom tooth, but there are many other reasons for swelling. Please call your Dentist for an examination and for best treatment advice.

Answered Jun 28, 2015

2.7k views

Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Sometimes wisdom teeth are valuable asset when healthy and properly aligned, but more often, they are misaligned and require removal. The removal of wisdom teeth is one of the most common procedures at ages 15-24. See your dentist for evaluation and x-rays.

Answered Jun 30, 2015

2.7k views