Canada

I have a bartholin's abcess on my left labia, it is very large and have 2 medium sized cysts as well. who removes them and can i return to work after surgery?

Dr. Zach Patrick
Emergency Medicine 14 years experience
Gynecology : It is usually best to see your gynecologist to have them fix this. They can follow you and make sure there are no issues. If the cyst is to painful to wait for a gynecologist then you can go to the ER.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Your Friendly a Neighborhood FP can help you as well.
Jun 13, 2015
Dr. Charles Whiting
Ob/Gyn: Ob/Gyns take care of Bartholin gland cysts. If they are very large and irritated, they are frequently opened and a small drain is placed inside to allow for continued drainage. The entire gland can also be excised if they are repeatedly a problem. Best wishes!
Dr. Peter Baumann
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Gynecologist: Surgery on this part of the body would be done by a gynecologist. It depends on the extent of the surgery, if a woman may need to take a week or two off of work.
Last updated Jun 21, 2015