Canada

I have heard to take vitamin d and calcium supplement together. is it really bad if i do not? because i only take vitamin d with vitamin c.

Dr. William Simon
Integrative Medicine 33 years experience
Vitamin therapy: Vit D is a fat soluble vitamin so it is best absorbed with a high fat meal and levels seem to do better if taken with supper. Vit C is water soluble and therefore excreted if you take too much at one time. Taking both together would probably decrease absorption of both so should be taken at separate times. Calcium would be better absorbed taken with Vit C since it is an acid
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.