A member asked:

I ran out of my prescription adderall, (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) i start a new job tomorrow. i am having trouble finding a doctor near me that accepts my ins. can anyone help?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Shaym Puppala answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Docs on a HealthTap Prime shift (our paid service) cannot write for controlled meds like Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine). Anyone on such meds who must change prescribers is advised to obtain records to take to new prescriber, & be seen before prescription is due. If unable to find a doc accepting the insurance, seeing a primary care doc self-pay gets you continuity of care,while continuing the search. All the best.

Answered Jun 8, 2015



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor