U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old member asked:

How would i know if its rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis of the knee?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctoranswered
Rheumatology 53 years experience
See details: X rays, lab tests, examination of synovial fluid if it is present in the knee and mri.
Dr. Meir Marmor
Dr. Meir Marmor commented
Orthopedic Surgery 27 years experience
Absolutely agree, but in my practice MRI very rarely used for this purpose.
Jun 9, 2014
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Provided original answer
It is valuable in looking for early erosive changes.
Jun 9, 2014

Related questions

A 35-year-old male asked:
Is fluid in the knee arthritis or osteoarthritis ?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
Best Ayurveda treatment for osteoarthritis or juvenile arthritis knee treatment?
3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
Can you have both rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis?
3 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
Aside from rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, are there other kinds of arthritis?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 38-year-old female asked:
Is it possible to have psoriatic arthritis osteoarthritis & rheumatoid arthritis ?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Jun 9, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.