it will be two years this aug 1st that i have been taken suboxone.i started at 2 8mg. stripes a day and tapered all the way down to 2mg. a day dr basli has told me that when i'm ready to stop i can. my insurance has not helped for none of this treatment.

Dr. Richard Zimon
First of all: Congratulations! Secondly where do you live.? Technically the AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE ACT covers treatment for addiction. Your Insurer is REQUIRED to offer this coverage and PRE-EXISTING conditions may NOT BE USED to disqualify you! One day at a time Good Luck...Hope this helps! Dr Z
Answered on Jun 6, 2015