A member asked:

If i was leaving on vacation and couldn't get in to see my pcp. what route should i go in order to obtain a prescription for norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). i have metal screws in my ankle and am constantly in pain. ?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Jeffrey Kass answered

Specializes in Podiatry

I think the best: thing to do is plan in advance….you can always try an urgent care center..though, narcotics are getting tricky and people may not want to prescribe them not used to your case...

Answered 8/30/2015


Dr. Marshall Bedder answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Preparation is key: These days there is more concern regarding appropriate opioid ( pain killer) prescribing. If you were to call anyone else you most likely would not be issued a Rx. Your PCP could fill this with efax ( if your State allows) if you were due to get these meds. It is really your responsibility to plan on obtaining a controlled substance Rx ahead of travel plans.

Answered 6/10/2017


Dr. Edward Hellman answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Call: If you have been receiving pain meds from a specific doctor, you would need to continue to get your medications from that doctor. If you get it from another doctor it may result in you being discharged from the first doctors care. You may not have to be seen, you might be able to simply call for a refill.

Answered 6/6/2017



Related Questions