NY

im 6 wk 2days pregnant ivf. my gestational sac is empty and my doctor wants to do a laparoscopy to see if it an ectopic pregnancy. is it to soon?

Dr. Elvia Greathouse
Yes!: An empty gestational sac means that you have an intrauterine pregnancy, but it may be too early to tell if it is viable. The problem with IVF is the possibility of twins one which could be tubal. However, it is vital that he check with HCG levels and ultrasounds before subjecting you to a surgery that could definitely end the pregnancy. If you are not having any pain or bleeding.

Last updated May 24, 2015