MA

I have a lump about the size of a pea on the back of my head right above my hairline. i also noticed a rash on my neck that looks like a heat rash.

Dr. James Berman
Dermatology 41 years experience
Cyst: The pea-sized bump is probably a hair follicle cyst called an epidermal or pilar cyst. The redness or heat rash worries me in that the cyst ruptured and the skin around it is now getting infected. You may need to see a dermatologsit and have the cyst removed and then take a 10 day course of oral antibiotics
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 26, 2015