What can you do to turn the pressure down on a sleep apnea machine?

Dr. Navdeep Virk
21 years experience
Depends: What kind of machine do you have these days most of the machines comes with auto check which adjust the pressure automatically, however you can get an oral appliance made with your CPAP and that lowers the pressure tremendously.
Dr. Ravi Chand
Sleep Apnea: You are required to consult your sleep specialist and technologist to adjust pressure, you should not try it by your self as it can lead to complications such as increased pressure causing central apneas etc. Autopap machines are supposed to adjust pressure themselves.
Dr. Gary Lederman
Dentistry 41 years experience
A dentist replies: The CPAP is titrated by the sleep doctor, so do not do it on your own. You can work with a trained dentist and your sleep physician. A mad appliance, mandibular advancement device, can be made by a dentist that can allow the physician to reduce the pressure or perhaps eliminate the need for CPAP in some cases.
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dentistry 38 years experience
Call your CPAP tech: The pressure that is programmed into your CPAP is adjustable, but should be adjusted by your CPAP technician or your md who is supervising the treatment of your sleep apnea. Call and let them know what you want to do, and they can make any necessary adjustments, if appropriate.