OH

i fell backward and hit my head on corner of a china cabinet. it was cut and bled for an hour. i had a headache for 18 hours. go to er?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 33 years experience
It's your call Senor: Nobody can tell to go or not to go to the ER....I'm sitting at a computer screen and so are you...tough for me. Sounds like it was a pretty good bang to the head though..... If it bled for an hour then, I think at the very least you should have someone make sure that you don't stitches and that the area has been well cleaned. But it's up to you....you've stayed home all this time anyways....
Dr. James Lin
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Here are some ...: Your reported scenario exemplified how the body can do for you. Now, at least, some 24 hours have passed by without undue headache or dizziness, which suggests the self-healing of body has done a great job for you. But continual watch for delayed alteration in alertness + dull headache to suggest chronic subdural bleeding is still required; so, still beware although such is not common.

Last updated Jul 20, 2016