what is the maximum amount of time it takes for your body to go back to normal after miscarriage? i had a mc 3 mos ago and my cycles are thrown off

2 doctor answers
Dr. Daniel Bates
A while: Sorry to hear about your pregnancy loss. After any pregnancy, completed or otherwise, cycles can take up to 6 mo to a year to get back to normal. As long as you are otherwise healthy I would allow 6 months to for your cycle to normalize, after that I would touch base with your family doctor or OB/GYN for a checkup.
Answered on May 2, 2015
1
Dr. Jeff Livingston
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Long enough: The effects of the miscarriage should have resolved by now. If you are having irregular periods then you should see an obgyn for an evaluation
Answered on May 2, 2015