Immunoglobulin g-361, a-76, m-28 what do these low levels mean ?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Brian Novick answered

Specializes in Allergy and Immunology

Dont worry but first: thing I would be wondering is why did you have those tests done? Are you having recurrent infections?(not just "regular colds"?),,,but if you were my pt.first thing I would do is repeat the tests to confirm results..If you are having recurrent sinus infections, bronchitis, etc & the repeat tests are similar, next step would be see an allergist/immunologist to further evaluate. Good luck

Answered 5/1/2015

2.9k views

Dr. Corey Clay answered

Specializes in Allergy and Immunology

Hard to know: Without more information, it is difficult to know if the levels are low due to lack of production (primary immune deficiency syndrome, medication side effect) or loss of antibodies (protein losing gastrointestinal disease). Also, most people will do well with these levels, but it would be important to know if you have had any recent, or a long history of recurrent, infections.

Answered 9/5/2020

2.9k views