Queens, NY

I've been taking advil (ibuprofen) every morning for a headache and this morning when i moved my bowels i saw a streak of blood is this common? no fam hist of cc

Dr. Daniel Bates
Go see your doctor: Regular use of NSAID (Non-Steriodal Anti-Inflamattory) medications like Advil(ibuprofen) can cause thinning and damage to the stomach lining leading to ulcer formation and bleeding. Bleeding ulcers can be very very dangerous, please get seen as soon as possible.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Yash Khanna
No it is not common: No it is not common to have streak of blood when moving bowels I suggest you consult your Doctor to find the cause of rectal bleeding.You may need a referral to GI Specialist and may need colonoscopy
Last updated Jun 15, 2016