Indianapolis, IN

i had a baby 9 months ago my period started december so i think its my period it's been brown discharge its now april and it's still the same..i'm 31 mother of 4 already gone to the doctor and still no answer can you help me?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Many options: Irregular periods are one of the most common problems obgyns treat. If this is one time problem it usually resolves on its own. If this is a recurring problem you should be evaluated. Infections & hormonal changes can cause spotting. If there is a concern for pregnancy then do a home pregnancy test . There are many options available to help regulate the menstrual cycle. Schedule a visit.
Dr. James Mirabile
Gynecology 33 years experience
Light period: Hi Rose, Let me ask a few questions. The brown discharge you are experiencing, is it cyclic, like every month? Are you breastfeeding? What are you using for contraception? What tests were run by the Dr. you saw?

Last updated May 3, 2015