NJ

have mucus like substance on tongue . but when brushing and coughing up mucus from being sick it all goes away . see a brown/black spot trying too develop on side of tongue very concerned of mouth / oral cancer . i have no bleeding , pain or anything just

Dr. David Weissman
Oral lesion & mucus: It's not likely that you have an oral cancer at the age of 18. However, it is always wise to have new oral lesions checked out by a dentist or oral surgeon. The tongue mucus could be from lots of places....The sinuses? The throat? The chest? Or is it a substance from your mouth (just saliva)? You should be seen by your primary care provider and your dentist. But oral cancer is very UNLIKELY.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Go see: Any visualized change in your mouth should be evaluated. Please see your Dentist or an Oral Surgeon for evaluation. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be told there's nothing to worry about? And on the slight chance that there is a problem it,s better to have it resolved as quickly as possible.