Golden Valley, AZ

5mg lexapro (escitalopram) started last night, my head feels like it has a lot of pressure in it, like my brain is swelling, dizziness, sweating, horrible sleep ???

Dr. Marcie Berman
Clinical Psychology 39 years experience
Give it time: Many people experience uncomfortable side effects when they begin an SSRI. These early side effects usually go away when your body becomes used to the medicine. If you experience anything more severe, call your doctor. Otherwise, see if these side effects diminish and you start feeling better within the next week or two.