Philadelphia, PA

I have a pace maker put in to regular my heart beat and i have some swollen and pain in my left arm above my elbow should i be concerned about it?

Dr. Stuart Rosan
Pace maker: Yes, this might be a concern. there might be a subtle underlying infection secondary to the pacemaker, depending how long it has been in ; or viral infection or possibly a reaction by the body to a foreign body(pacemaker) To be on the safe side, I would check with the cardiologist today, especially if you have new palpitations, chest pain or dizziness it is too much of coincidence to ignore

Last updated Jun 11, 2018