U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 16-year-old female asked:

I eat a lot but i dont gain any weight, my bmi tells me im underweight, what can i do to gain weight and look healthy?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
A Verified Doctoranswered
Endocrinology 52 years experience
BMI: I would have your pediatrician share your height and weight charts. If they are both below the normal ranges you need to see a Pediatric Endocrinologist. If they are both normal - relax. If one is OK but the other is not you need the pediatric endocrinologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 10, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.