Palo Alto, CA

I got lab results back that show my monocytes were low (3.5), my neutrophils are 7.5 and my white blood cell count was 11. what could this mean?

Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 11 years experience
Likely normal: Without any context as to why the labs were drawn, can only comment that there is some variability in the relative levels of specific white blood cells from lab draw to lab draw. In the context of certain symptoms, the lab could be meaningful/helpful, but I would expect the monocytes to be stable or within the "normal range" the next time this is checked.
Last updated Jan 28, 2021