South Richmond Hill, NY

Stuffy nose, headache, slight fever is this sinus or cold? last yr prescribed levofloxacin, what over the counter meds can i use? occasionally sneeze

Dr. Inaam Schneider
Viral illness versus allergies: This time of the year you may have a viral illness or allergies' .. The symptoms could be the same. The low-grade fever may be due to nasal obstructions. I recommend you try some over-the-counter medications such as Zyrtec and over-the-counter nasal steroids , which will help reduce the swelling in the nasal lining. If this continues to be a problem over the next 3 to 4 days, I highly suggest your your PCP for further evaluation and treatment. I do not feel that you need antibiotics at the present time.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 25, 2015