NC

I was diagnosed with mrsa about a week ago, put on antibiotics and the site drained a few days later. i've developed a painful swollen lymph node in the groin area. it's oddly shaped. should i go back in or give my body time? i'm still on antibiotics.

Dr. Gayle Valeros
Go back in: You need to have this node evaluated as it is unusual to develop new nodes while you are on antibiotics. This may be an abscess that needs drainage. Make sure that you are also doing other things to prevent the spread of MRSA including using Hibiclens as a body wash, sanitizing everything in the bathroom with bleach/water combination and using Bactroban (mupirocin) ointment in the nose for two weeks.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Normal: Reactive lymphadenopathy or inflamed Lymph node. Related to the infection and healing process. Some melt away completely in couple of weeks, some only decrease in size and persist indefinitely. If otherwise have your doc take a look at it.
Last updated Oct 10, 2017