U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Newark, NJ
A 42-year-old female asked:

Am trying to conceive,and my doctor send me to do a hsg test,i being trying for two years,am 42 years old and i have a 15 years old daughter?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Kent Childs
Obstetrics and Gynecology 30 years experience
HSG: The hCG test will test whether or not or tubes are open. At 42 ovarian function probably needs to be assessed as well. Sometimes a midcycle ultrasound may help. Another option is to check anti-mullerian hormone, FSH, and estradiol around cycle day 3. Discontinue a snapshot of your ovarian reserve.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 1, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.