My daughter is 4 years old and her doctor told me to give her childrens allegra (fexofenadine) for two moths is that safeto take for that long ?

Dr. Mark Loury
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 41 years experience
Yes: First make sure that it is approved for children her age. If so then it should be safe for that duration assuming she has no allergy to it. Could consider consult with pediatric allergist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Use as needed: Fexofenadine (allegra) is ok over 6 months of age and has a good safety profile.It is a slowly metabolized antihistamine that does not cross into the brain and cause sedation like some similar drugs.The body does not develop a tolerance (require increasing amounts to be effective). It is safe enough to use all year of for the several months your child seems bothered by seasonal allergies.
Last updated Dec 1, 2017