i am having a severe reaction to poison oak. i am already taking 20 mg/day of prednisone midday, with 60 mg of allegra, plus 60 mg of allegra around midnight. (all since saturday). my rash is still spreading. swelling has gone down significantly, but

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Contamination: You are likely still having contact with the resin. You need to clean up every article which might have contacted poison oak with dish detergents (wear gloves while during it). This includes the interior of your car , the steering wheel, shoes, clothing etc. Otherwise your rash will act up again after stopping the prednisone.