A member asked:

I would like to know opinions about what kind of surgery to have on my lumbar spine. i have spinal stenosis and a couple of herniated discs.

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Joshua Rovner answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Spinal surgery: The most common surgery for lumbar spinal stenosis is laminectomy which removes bone from the spine to remove pressure from the nerves. Depending on your particular imaging studies and symptoms you may need something different such as discectomy or fusion.

Answered 3/31/2015



Related Questions

A member asked:

Can back surgery work on spinal stenosis and cervcical and lumbar spondylosis?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor