U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 49-year-old member asked:

Fast help needed: swollen hand from bite, red hand and red spreading up arm, what can i take as treatment?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Orthopedic Surgery 48 years experience
?what kind of bite: You should seek medical attention immediately if it is a human bite it is potentially worse but what you relate sounds like a serious infection and they can be very dangerous.
Dr. W. Batson
Hand Surgery 45 years experience
See a doctor: Bite wounds are serious and frequently require drainage and antibiotics. This not something to wait around on.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.