India

i hv pcos. i take metformin. but only when i take regestrone i get else i dont. my doc asking to take hsg. will it help? how i get period if blocked?

Dr. Ward Dean
Dr. Ward Dean answered
Anti-Aging Medicine 43 years experience
Not clear question: Don't know what "regestrone" or "HSG" is. Do you mean progesterone? Do you mean HCG? Whatever, you need to take Metformin on regular basis. It will not block your periods. In fact, it may help normalize your cycle. Cycling progesterone, however, will help. You may also be hypothyroid. See Dr. Broda Barnes' book, Hypothyroidism, the Unsuspected Illness. Don't rely on blood tests.
Dr. Claudette Anderson
Specializes in Gynecology
Rev estrone O presume is progesteronn e.it is used D to create withdrawal bleeding by providing the progesterone which is lacking in PCOS .It allows the the uterus to shed the endometium.This jac nothing to do with tubal blockageThus even if the tubes are blocked,you will still have withdrawal bleeding with register one.I hope that helps
Mar 15, 2015

Last updated May 19, 2016