LA
A 28-year-old female asked about a 31-year-old male:

the dr told me i had trichomonisis . tuesday i smoked a little meth. is it ok for me to start taking the meds he gave me? i haven't smoked since tues.

Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Different question: I hope you don't mind if I answer a slightly different question--sort of like a fire-fighter being asked to help save a kitten in a tree when a house is burning down: Meth is probably the most extraordinarily dangerous street drug anybody could be using. Much more important is for anyone using it to get help in stopping forever. Let your Dr. know this is an issue.