My dentist spit in my mouth while talking over me. It was just a drop but gross enough. What are my chances of getting oral herpes? Detailed answers.

Dr. Howard Schneider
33 years experience in Pediatric Dentistry
Very low: Unless the dentist had an active infection at the time your chances of getting any kind of illness from this incident is very, very low. That being said, I would switch dentists. Any time a dentist is talking "over" a patient they should be wearing a mask. This simple procedure protects both the patient and the dentist from unwanted exposure to germs when they are in each others personal space.
Answered on Mar 13, 2015
1