What type of nerve problem results in tingling lips. I do have a lot of fybromyalgia but it doesn't normally come with the lip tingling.

Dr. Eric Weisman
35 years experience in Neurology
The most common: cause of circumoral numbness in clinical practice is hyperventilation syndrome (in which the tingling of the lips is accompanied by parasthesias in the hands and feet. It is what occurs with respiratory alkalosis from "blowing off" too much of your carbon dioxide. Ingesting Tetrodotoxin from the Asian Puffer fFsh can also produce circumoral parasthesias as can small strokes or MS (uncommon)
Answered on May 18, 2016
1