MA

my daughter was 1 year old. doctor prescribed uprise d3 60k for 4days after 4 days ultra d3 1 ml for a month.ll it safe to give 60k uprise?

Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Yes, safe.: Daily recommended dose for infants is 1K daily, but if there is a deficiency then much higher doses are used to bring levels to normal. Studies have been done with rickets and found that 600 K once is about equivalent to 5-10K/d for 2-3 months. Resistant rickets may require higher doses. You do not state why your child is on Rx, but D3 supplement would not be Rx unless necessary. Follow up.