Australia

hi, i have emetophobia so when i get loose stools i worry that i will get gastro. what are some other causes for loose stools? i did have slightly spicy food for dinner last night and i also am lactose intolerant.

Dr. Roy Arnold
FODMAPs: or Fermentable oligo-, di- and monosaccharides and polyols in your diet can be fermented by bacteria in your intestine and cause cramps, gas and diarrhea. Try a low FODMAP diet for a few weeks and see how it works. https://stanfordhealthcare.org/content/dam/SHC/for-patients-component/programs-services/clinical-nutrition-services/docs/pdf-lowfodmapdiet.pdf Thanks for trusting HealthTap!