U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old female asked:

I am 29 years i have pcos got married a month ago want to plan pregnancy after 6 months what should i do to increase my fertility levels ?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Dorothy Mitchell-Leef
Specializes in Fertility Medicine
Talk with your MD: Collect your cycle dates for the next 6 months and see if you ovulate with ovulation predictor kits ( over the counter). If you do not ovulate your gyn might offer Clomid (clomiphene) but try to do it with ultrasound evaluation and possibly iuis (inseminations) to improve outcomes. Also get a semenanalysis and hsg before you do Clomid (clomiphene) cycles to check for any other problems.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Collin Smikle
Obstetrics & Gynecology 38 years experience
PCOS and pregnancy: It depends on what symptoms you have. If you have slightly irregular periods, you may still be able to get pregnant without much help. However, if your cycles are irregular, you should get help sooner to get medications to help with more timely ovulations. I would monitor your cycles for 2-3 months to see if there is a pattern. If no pattern and > 45 days, i would recommend getting help sooner.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 20, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.