I've been taking amoxicillin 3 times a day for 2 days for a sinus infection & i've noticed discomfort in my vagina, should i stop taking the pill?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Antibiotics = Yeast: It is well known that many abx kill lots of different bacteria, hence naming them broad spectrum. There are many beneficial bacteria that live within us. They serve many purposes, and when all are killed, we have issues. Always check w/the prescriber before changing the directions given, and ask them for help. It is good to take probiotics when taking abx to help replenish those lost. Good Luck

Answered 9/29/2016

3.1k views

No: If you were prescribed an antibiotic you should continue it as written. You may need treatment for a yeast infection which can occur when taking antibiotics. If you're taking amox without doctor supervision, then yes, you should stop and talk to a doctor.

Answered 3/6/2015

3.1k views