the Villages, FL

I have a salty taste in my mouth and light sensitivity. taking eye drops for glaucoma. could this be the cause?

Dr. Daniel Schainholz
Ophthalmology 34 years experience
Punctal occlusion: The light sensitivity suggests a mild inflammatory process in the eyes, and can be associated with your glaucoma or glaucoma drops. Your ophthalmologist can prescribe a different drop. He/she can demonstrate punctal occlusion, which improves the contact time of the drop on the eye, and prevents it going into the throat and nose via the nasolacrimal duct. A punctal plug might help.

Last updated Mar 14, 2015