i have strep throat -like symptoms. last month i had a huge white bump in my throat with sore throat and no fever. my doctor didn't strep test me but sent me home with penicillin vk. two weeks ago it came back, so i went to urgent care and had a positive

Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Recurrent strep: infection occurs about 10% of the time, in spite of taking the antibiotic, and more often if one stops the medication after feeling better instead of completing the course. In the lab, strep is very sensitive to penicillin, but not all people absorb it well or may have other bacteria in their throat that make it less effective. Get another culture and other med. Possible other germ like mono.
Answered on Aug 8, 2019
2