IN

previously divalproex caused hair loss, but helped my migraines tremendously, how can i start taking it again and not loose my hair? any other options

Dr. David Lipkin
Several thoughts: Divalproex reportedly has a 6% incidence of hair loss. Topiramate doesn't report hair loss. Other possibilities include Beta Blockers and Tricyclic antidepressants. **Petadolex(butterbur) is a herbal preparation available in the pharmacy without a prescription that can also be effective in preventing migraine.
Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 36 years experience
Hair breakage: from Depakote can often be avoided by use of a selenium based shampoo. Not every one reports that it solves the problem though.