where do head lice come from before they make their way to human scalps? the forrest? sewers?they dont spontaneously grow from skin, wats their origin

2 doctor answers
Dr. Melissa Gowans
21 years experience Pediatrics
Head Louse: The only known host for the head louse (Pediculus humans capitis) is humans. It doesn't have wings, so it jumps from one human host to the next. They are insects the survive solely on the scalps of humans. For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_louse
Answered on Jul 6, 2016
1
1
Dr. Melissa Gowans
21 years experience Pediatrics
Provided original answer
I can't see your follow-up question. Sorry
Feb 22, 2015
25 years experience Psychiatry
Head lice: are transmitted person to person. In terms of their evolution - I am a physician and I don't have that type of knowledge base.
Answered on Nov 3, 2018