I have a chest infection and started clarythramycin feb 7@ 250 mg 2x/day. i am chocking really badly. how long before antibiotic starts to work?

Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Surgery 44 years experience
It take more: did you treat yourself or you saw a physician that prescribed you the medicine i really did not understand what you mean by choking are you having so much posterior sinus nasal drip that is choking you or you meant by choking you are running out of breath my advice go and see a doctor or stay withe doctor that you have and follow the instruction it take a while for a medicine to be effective
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Roy Arnold
24-36 hours: You may need some cough suppressant also. You may want to try some cough syrup with dextromethorpan (DM) to help with your cough. If you are having trouble breathing you may need immediate attention at an Emergency department. Drink plenty of fluids, take ibuprofen or acetaminophen for fever. Thanks for trusting HealthTap!
Last updated Feb 10, 2015