Australia

Dear dr.yesterday i was severely beaten in my ribs and i felt a crack. although i have no evident inflammation, i constantly feel localized discomfort in the ribs and pain when perform certain movements or breathing deeply.should i see a doctor and take x

Dr. Kathy Robinson
See doctor: If you were severely beaten then it would be good to see a doctor to make sure there is no internal organ damage. They may or may not do xrays. If it is a cracked rib then taking an xray does not help much, because they just have to heal on their own. If you become short of breath you need to go to Emergency. I am very sorry this happened to you.
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management 29 years experience
Please speak to someone besides us here. a cough that wont stop, or difficulty breathing can be life threatening, and you should go to the emergency room immediately
Feb 5, 2015

Last updated Jun 27, 2015