Miami, FL

My nephew he's 2 yrs. had a fever of a 104 by the armpit, has a stiff neck, and now he's not peeing. the hospital ruled it as a flu. what could it be?

Dr. Andrea Brand
Specializes in Family Medicine
ER visit now: Fever and stiff neck could signal a life threatening illness. Please take the child to the hospital emergency room immediately.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Andrew Shiller
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 27 years experience
Needs in person eval: A 2 year old who is not peeing. That's a problem. With a fever of 104 with a stiff neck is concerning. And he is likely dehydrated too, and that's why he's not peeing. I would have him seen again, even if just to get him hydrated and to rule out meningitis.
Last updated Feb 3, 2015