U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

I'm 16 year old girl and i am only 155 cm. what type of exercise should i do and food should i eat to help boost my height. please do help i'm worried?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Julan Crane
Pediatrics 26 years experience
Growht: Your height is predetermined by your genes and can not be altered. Enjoy who you are!
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Hard to say: The same hormones that tell your body to go through puberty will signal a growth spurt followed by closing the growth centers to begin adult life. Women generally get 5-7 cm of growth after first menses and stop growing taller within 2-3 yrs of that first cycle.A single x-ray of your wrist/hand could show open growth centers, which means you could grow more.If closed,you are done.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 28, 2017
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.